Is your business pitch on point? Need capital infusion? Enter the Black Enterprise – Level Up! Pitching for Dollars competition now!
You’ve got nothing to lose. Just record and upload your best business pitch that’s less than two minutes (please), and send it to us.
The top 4 semi-finalists will be invited to the 2018 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit, where they will pitch their idea to a panel of judges and a live audience, for a chance to win $10,000!
The Official Black Enterprise – Level Up! Pitching for Dollars Competition Rules
- To be considered for the one of 4 semi-finalist spots to pitch during the Entrepreneurs Summit and qualify for the grand prize, all entrants must first apply with a video submission pitch, based on the below criteria.
- Entrants can be one person or a team. There is no limit to the number of team members allowed; however, those who pitch must have an equity stake in the business.
- Your pitch must focus on what products or services you can offer.
- Your business model must be original and designed to generate sales/revenues and profits.
- Applicants must not exceed the established time limits for pitch presentations, which have been specified for each round of the competition.
- Incorporating or utilizing props, PowerPoint presentations, all forms of media, or any external aids to facilitate your pitch presentations is acceptable.
Entry Deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018, at 11:00 p.m. EDT.
Overall Pitch Criteria
Your pitch should address the following questions:
- What problem does your business solve?
- What are you selling, and who are you selling to?
- How much are you selling it for?
- What are your current and projected sales revenues?
To submit your recording:
- All video submissions must be no more than two minutes in length.
- Upload your video to YouTube. Label and save your uploaded video with the title: 2018 Black Enterprise – Elevator Pitch (your business name).
- Email the link from your YouTube video to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email message, please include your name, email address, and phone number. Label the subject line: 2018 Black Enterprise – Elevator Pitch Competition.
Video submissions must be uploaded to YouTube, with the corresponding link sent to the email address listed above, by the entry deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018, at 11:00 p.m. EDT.
Please Note: The two-minute video submissions are intended to be a guideline for vetting potential semi-finalists. Contestants will not be disqualified for videos within the two- to three-minute range. However, this flexibility will not be applicable during the semi-final and final rounds. While on-site at the Summit, rules regarding time-length will be strictly adhered to.
Semi-final and Final Rounds
- Prior to the 2018 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit, 10 businesses will be selected from the first round of submission.
- Those 10 businesses will be narrowed down to 4 semi-finalists after a social media round of voting. The best 4 businesses with the most social media votes will qualify to pitch on-site.
- 4 semi-finalists will be selected and notified. If chosen as a semi-finalist, you will receive complimentary registration for and you and a guest to attend the Summit.
- In order to qualify for the grand prize, semi-finalists must be present and prepared to deliver their pitches on-site, at the 2018 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Summit. The 4 selected semi-finalists will pitch their ideas to a panel of judges, in front of a live audience.
- Each semi-finalist will have a time limit of 5 minutes to present their pitch. A question and answer session, led by the judges, will follow each presentation.
- The top two finalists, as determined by the judges and audience, will pitch their business once more, but with a time limit of 60 seconds. Again, this will be followed by a question and answer session led by the judges.
- Semi-finalists and finalists are not allowed to exceed the established time limits – external props or aids for pitch presentations are allowed.
Please Note: All semi-finalists and their guests are responsible for their own travel and hotel accommodations. In addition, as a contestant in the black enterprise Elevator Pitch Competition, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. It is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product.black enterprise is not liable for duplication of your business idea or product by a third-party. Prize money will be released after all mentoring sessions are completed.
Again, the deadline to enter the contest is Monday, March 19, 2018, at 11:00 p.m. EDT.
Don’t miss your chance to pitch your big idea and possibly win $10,000!